Monday, June 23, 2014

Painting 24: Portland- Sen Yai Noodles (Portland watercolor 01)



I took a 9 day trip to Portland to visit my artist friend Nathan Reidt.  Our goal was to paint everyday that I was there.  We were going for 15 oil paintings and watercolors were extra.  Our goal was quantity and quality. hehe. It was a great jump start to build our confidence. It was super fun.  People loved us painting in Portland.  Since I started to paint again I mainly worked on landscapes, but in this trip we focused on urban landscapes.  This was quite a challenge, because architecture is less forgiving.  But it was definitely a learning experience.  Here is the first watercolor I did in Portland.  It was of a Thai noodle restaurant called Sen Yai noodles.  Super yummy.  After dinner we sat across the street for an hour or so to paint the restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment