Monday, August 10, 2015

painting 65: Les Plans, Switzerland





I'm finally back from two months of painting, drawing, and traveling around Europe!  The first stop was Les Plans, Switzerland where I took a painting workshop with one of my favorite plein air painters, Marc Dalessio. I  painted two paintings over the course of four days.  Instead of roaming around and painting several paintings, I took my time and really slowed down and observed.  Marc mentioned that many artists can start a painting, only a few can finish a painting.  So I decided to take my time and not rush.  I paid close attention to the edges and how the light hit the trees.  I also learned more about the color of distant mountains.  I use to have a habit of making my mountains more purple but in realty there is much more cobalt. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our. canvas print paintings

    ReplyDelete