Monday, August 10, 2015

painting 74: Painting in Florence (Fiesole Firenze)





 It was way too hot to be painting! It was early July in Florence.  I probably got bitten at least 20 times and I was sweating like a crazy woman!  I was fortunate that the guy who was hosting the airbnb I was staying at gave me a ride to the bus stop that brought me to Fiesole!  Unfortunately I forgot to give him back his helmet, so along with my huge backpack of paint supplies I was lugging around a helmet!  I also had to walk up a hill to get to the best viewpoints.  Oh yeah, and I decided to pick the hottest time of the day to paint.  So all in all, I learned what not to do for my next painting trip.  Next time I will paint super early and take a nice siesta, then I'll do a nocturnal painting!
Besides all the uncomfortable aspects of this painting day, the views of Fiesole were absolutely beautiful.  I'll have to come back and do it justice!



No comments:

Post a Comment