Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Painting18: Young's Market


I painted in my neighborhood that I grew up. I decide I would paint with watercolor this time around because the setup is so much more simple than oils. Sometimes I like to be more discreet when I'm painting, and when I have my whole oil paint setup it calls for more attention.  I need to get over it.  Anywho, the area is called Glassell Park.  We use to go to this market as kids.  Back in the day it was called Young's Market.  Now it's called Verdugo Rancho Market.  About a year ago or so the market was caught in a fire.  The whole backside of the building is pretty much destroyed.  I saw people in the back, but I'm not sure if they are planning to fix it.  I decided I wanted to paint this scene because the neighborhood is slowly changing, and I'm not sure if this market will be around in the near future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment