Monday, May 11, 2015

painting 57: Plein Air Convention (Lovers Point, Pacific Grove)


This is the second painting I did in the convention.  The location was at Lovers Point, Pacific Grove.  After having a great time painting next to Quang Ho and Jesse Powell, I decided that I wanted to take advantage of my time here and continue to pick the brains of artists that I wanted to learn from. This time I chose to paint next to Paul Kratter.  Paul gave some great advice.  He starts off drawing thumbnails and decides what the design of the painting will be through the sketches.  Then he transfers the sketch to the panel.  He also noticed that I was struggling with my light shapes. He said just see the shapes and put it down.  As soon as he mentioned that simple advice, it clicked. I started to gain more confidence putting down the shapes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment