Monday, May 11, 2015

Sketching in San Francisco's Mission District (La Parilla Grill)


This was a sketch I did at the mission district in San Francisco . This is one of the many taquerias in the area.  Oddly enough I never ate at La Parilla Grill, but I was sitting right across street at Philz Coffee where I met a lot of interesting people.  I met a lot of locals who have lived in the mission for a very long time.  A lot of them had strong opinions about all the changes that were going on in SF.  One older homeless guy was speaking to a "techie", "We made this happen for you." "I'm going to die over here."  I lived in San Francisco two separate times in the past four years, and things have changed drastically.  A lot of the old residents and artists have been forced to leave the city because of the high cost of living. Gentrification...

1 comment: